Total members 11892 |It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:46 pm Login / Join Codemiles

Java

C/C++

PHP

C#

HTML

CSS

ASP

Javascript

JQuery

AJAX

XSD

Python

Matlab

R Scripts

Weka

Can someone tell me, are there any issues with multicast packet handling on hubs?

When we tried sending multicast packets, observed invalid packets in the capture with soruce mac address as sending device ethernet address and invalid destination mac address. Though multicast packet sent from device is of size 400 bytes, invalid packet is always of size 1518 bytes. This is not observed in switches. Unable to understand who is generating these packets. If someone has any idea please help us in this.

Author:
User avatar Posts: 1
Have thanks: 0 time

Hi,
I am also confused on this matter because there are many peoples which can provide this type of services.
if you have any site about this matter which one is good for you and me so please let me know.

Author:
User avatar Posts: 2

Within a network, which includes hubs and bridges, the relative location of a first device with respect to a subset of hubs on the network is determined. In response to an instruction, the first device broadcasts a multicast packet. The multicast packet crosses bridges and is processed only by hubs. When a hub receives the multicast packet from the first device, the hub records a first port of the hub over which the second device received the multicast packet. The subset of hubs may then be interrogated to determine over which port of each of the subset of hubs the multicast packet was received.

Author:
User avatar Posts: 29

HUB is a dump device it can't filter the packet and do packet processing on it, It just regenerate the packet and transmit is to all other ports.

Author:
Mastermind
User avatar Posts: 2715
Have thanks: 74 time

Related Posts  to : Multicast packets in Hub
 Screen Capture and multicast     -  
 level of conformance in multicast     -